We represent Hygood, a Johnson Controls company in this specialist clean agent system that produces 2 product lines – Saphhire (25, 42 bar) and Sapphire Plus (70 bar).
Johnson Controls use 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid as a clean agent fire extinguishant which was developed as a halon replacement and hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) alternative. It belongs to a family of chemicals called halocarbons, a group which includes HFCs and fluoroketones.
Novec 1230 fluid is a fluoroketone that has a global warming potential (GWP) of less than one (1) while these HFCs have a GWP of more than 3000. Novec 1230 fluid has the highest margin of safety for human occupancy among clean agents, including inert gas.
The benefits of NOVEC are as follows:
· Extinguishes a fire in seconds, before it even starts and long before water-based systems discharge.
· Helps protect irreplaceable paper documents and electronics. Because Novec 1230 fluid is a waterless fire suppression solution, it leaves no residue and is electrically non-conductive.
· Provides the highest margin of safety for human occupancy of any clean agent solution.
· Is stored as a liquid and discharged as a gas.
· Is appropriate for Class A, B and C fire hazards.